Obesity implies that a person’s body weight exceeds the healthy weight limit according to their height. People can also become obese due to an imbalance in their energy levels. The energy that comes into your body is obtained from the calories of the food that you eat whereas the energy that goes out is in the form of calories burnt by your body.
If the energy that comes into your body is less than what the energy goes out, then you lose weight. If both of them are the same, you have a healthy weight. If the energy that comes in is more than what the energy goes out, you gain weight.
There are certain causes of being obese:
- Inactive lifestyle
- Less intake of healthy foods
- Diet rich in sugary and fatty foods
- Family history of being obese
- Certain diseases such as hyperthyroidism, polycystic ovary syndrome, etc
- Side effects of certain medications
- Getting less sleep
- Emotions that leads to more eating
Obesity poses certain risks to your healthy being. Such risks are:
- Type-2 diabetes
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- High cholesterol
- Cardiovascular diseases
So now you know how much you are at risk of certain diseases that might prove fatal for you. Let’s look at some of the homeopathic and natural remedies for obesity that can help you get rid of it or control it.
Calories are burned by your body when proteins are metabolized by it. You must include protein-rich foods in your diet to lose weight naturally. These foods also curb your appetite, making you feel a sense of fullness. This restricts your overeating habits.
Eat healthy snacks
During odd times most people have a habit of eating chips, chocolates, and many other unhealthy snacks that are rich in carbohydrates and unhealthy fats. You must replace them with healthy fruits and small healthy meals. Examples of such foods are Apples, avocados, bananas, blueberries, oranges, strawberries, eggs, almonds, coconuts, macadamia nuts, walnuts, bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, etc.
Drink enough water
As per the studies, drinking 2 liters of water in a day can increase the rate of energy that is going out of the body, which will help in losing weight. It also helps in an increased percentage of lost calories in your body. Make a habit of consuming water every hour in a day and drink it less during the night.
Consume unsweetened coffee
Drinking sugarless coffee helps in improved metabolism, which aids in the breaking down of bad fats present in the body. It is also rich in antioxidants that help in fighting off the harmful free radicals in the body. Make sure you consume it in fewer amounts.
Consume more fruits and vegetables
Get rid of sugar-rich and processed foods and include fruits and vegetables that are high in fibers, proteins, water, and nutrients. These foods help in proper digestion, good metabolism, proper excretion, curbing appetite, etc. These functionings helps in controlling your weight naturally.
Though it is scientifically not proven, the majority of the population from around the world have seen benefits by using homeopathic medicines. However, you also need to include some light cardio exercises as well as a proper diet alongside homeopathic remedies. Homeopathy is not a complete replacement for exercise and healthy food.
According to the national center for homeopathy, the basic principle of homeopathy is “like cures like”. In other words, something that produces a symptom in a healthy person can make a sick person healthy. For example, caffeine in the coffee that helps people in staying awake, the same way it can help treat insomnia. The only thing is, a very small amount of caffeine is diluted in water and used. Yes, this is how homeopathy works. Every ingredient that causes certain symptoms or is indirectly related to it is diluted in water in very fewer amounts to treat them.
However, you need to consult your doctor before you use these remedies.
We know prevention is better than cure. It is important that you need to adapt to certain preventive measures after getting rid of obesity such that it never reoccurs again. Here we will see some of the preventive measures helpful for both kids and adults.
- Focus more on breastfeeding rather than food intake during the initial six months
- Focus on feeding small and healthy meals. Keeping this habit from childhood itself will help your kid in the long term.
- Not only your child, but the entire family must also focus on healthy food eating. This imparts a belief in your child on the importance of eating healthy and staying fit.
- Encourage your child to eat slowly. It helps in proper digestion
- Encourage to indulge in physical activities such as outdoor games
- Keep track of the eating habits of your child outside your home.
- Avoid foods that are processed, have trans fats, unsaturated fats, and other types of unhealthy fats
- Intake less sugar-rich foods
- Intake more fiber-rich foods
- Do at least 30 to 45 minutes of exercise and indulge in certain activities that involve physical exertion.
- Practice the art of managing stress