Homeopathic medicine for Menorrhagia:
Menorrhagia is an abnormally heavy and prolonged menstrual period at regular intervals. Menorrhagia can be caused by abnormal blood clotting, disruption of normal hormonal regulation of periods, or disorders of the endometrial lining of the uterus. Depending upon the cause, it may be associated with abnormally painful periods, which is called Dysmenorrhea. The Homeopathic medicine we use in our system is especially free of side effects and provide the most reliable cure for menorrhagia.
Menorrhagia is the most common type of abnormal bleeding from the uterus. Periods are considered heavy if there is enough blood to soak a pad or tampon every hour for several consecutive hours.
Other symptoms of a heavy period can include:
- Nighttime bleeding that requires getting up to change pads
- Passing large blood clots during menstruation
- A period that lasts longer than seven days
In severe cases, heavy menstruation can interfere with sleep and daily activities. Blood loss from heavy periods can also lead to anemia, causing symptoms such as fatigue and shortness of breath.
Causes of Menorrhagia:
There are many possible causes of heavy menstrual bleeding. They include:
- Hormonal imbalance, particularly in Estrogen and progesterone; this is most common in adolescents who recently began their periods and women who are getting close to menopause. Hormonal imbalance may also occur if there is a problem in the function of the ovaries.
- Fibroids or noncancerous tumors of the uterus; fibroids typically occur during childbearing years.
- Miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy — the implantation of a fertilized egg outside the uterus, such as in the fallopian tube.
- Use of blood thinners.
- Problems with a non-hormonal intrauterine device (IUD) used for birth control.
- Adenomyosis, a condition in which the glands from the lining of the uterus become imbedded in the muscular wall of the uterus; this is most likely to occur in middle-aged women who have had several children.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), an infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes, and other organs of the reproductive system.
- Uterine, ovarian, and cervical cancer; are rare but possible causes of heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Other medical conditions that can prevent normal blood clotting, including liver, kidney, or thyroid disease, and bleeding or platelet disorders.
Diagnosis of Menorrhagia:
To find out if you have Menorrhagia, your doctor will ask you about your medical history and menstrual cycles.
- He or she may ask you questions like the following:
- How old were you when you got your first period?
- How long is your menstrual cycle?
- Exactly how many days does your period usually last?
- How many days do you consider your period to be heavy?
- How do your periods affect your quality of life?
Your doctor may also ask if any of your family members have had heavy menstrual bleeding.
One or more of the following tests will help find out if you have a bleeding problem:
Blood test: In this test, your blood will be taken using a needle. It will then be looked at to check for anemia, problems with the thyroid, or problems with the way the blood clots.
Pap test: For this test, cells from your cervix are removed and then looked at to find out if you have an infection, inflammation, or changes in your cells that might be cancer or might cause cancer.
Endometrial biopsy: Tissue samples are taken from the inside lining of your uterus or “endometrial” to find out if you have cancer or other abnormal cells. You might feel as if you were having a bad menstrual cramp while this test is being done. However, it does not take long, and the pain usually goes away when the test ends.
Ultrasound: This is a painless test using sound waves and a computer to show what your blood vessels, tissues, and organs look like. Your doctor then can see how they are working and check your blood flow.
The Homeopathic Treatment approach to Menorrhagia:
The selection of Homeopathy Medicine is based upon the theory of individualization and symptom similarity by using a holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the signs and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat Menorrhagia but also to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat Menorrhagia that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations, and modalities of the complaints. For individualized homeopathic remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a homeopathic doctor for effective treatment without any side effects.
Following remedies, helpful in the Homeopathic treatment of Menorrhagia:
Belladonna – best Homeopathic medicine for Menorrhagia with Congestion in head:
The discharge is bright red, with a sensation of heat. Women will feel congestion in the head, throbbing headache, and pain in the small of the back. Menses is too early and profuse. Violent pressing down, as if everything would escape through the genitals. Sometimes it has a bad door with lumps.
Borax – Homeopathic remedy for Menorrhagia with the dread of downward motion:
Menses is too soon and too profuse. Colic, nausea, and pain that extends from the stomach to the small of the back. She is very nervous and dreads a downward motion.
Calcarea Carbonica – excellent Homeopathic medicine for Menorrhagia with profuse bleeding and clots:
Menstruation is too soon, too profuse, and lasting too long. Vertigo is when stooping, worse on rising or going upstairs. Feet feel as if they had cold and damp stockings. Preceding the flow, there may be swelling and sensitiveness of the breasts, headache, colic, and shivering. During the flow, cutting in the abdomen, toothache, and bearing down. The means are dark-colored or black and thick.
Chamomilla – Topmost Homeopathic remedy for Menorrhagia in irritable women:
Profuse discharge of dark and clotted blood will flow at intervals. Violent labor-like pains are in the uterus and tearing in the veins of the legs particularly indicated Chamomilla. There is great irritability of temper, very impatient, can hardly answer a civil question. She will have a frequent desire to pass large quantities of pale urine.
China – Best Homeopathic medicine for Menorrhagia in anemic women:
Menses is too profuse with a flow of dark clots. Great distension of abdomen and is not relieved by eructations or passing of flatus. She will have frequent desire to urinate; pale urine. The women with Menorrhagia experience ringing in ears and fainting spells. For Weak periods from the loss of the blood, pulse almost extinct, it is the best Homeopathic remedy.
Nux Vomica – Excellent Homeopathic remedy for Menorrhagia in women with spicy food habits:
Menses is too early and profuse; discharge of dark-colored blood. The discharge after continuing several days stops, and then returns. If she has cramp-like pains in the abdomen, extending down to the thighs with Menorrhagia, Nux Vomica is the most helpful Homeopathic remedy. She gets angry and violent without provocation. Habitual constipation, with frequent urging to stool with Menorrhagia particularly indicates this remedy.
Phosphorus – Best Homeopathic medicine for Menorrhagia with profuse bright red:
Menses too soon, copious, and lasting too long, with pain in the small of the back and in the abdomen. This Homeopathy Medicine is more applicable to tall, slender people, with fair skin. Constipation with long, slim, hard, difficult stools especially guides us to use this remedy for Menorrhagia. Sensations of weakness and emptiness are the abdomen is another indication. Much heat up the back, great weakness, with cold feet and legs are other useful symptoms to prescribe this medicine.
Secale cornutum – Topmost Homeopathic remedy for Menorrhagia with dark color discharges:
Menses are too profuse and too long-lasting with violent spasms. Discharge dark, liquid blood, increased by motion. All her symptoms are worse just before the menses. This Homeopathic remedy is best suitable for thin women. Continuous oozing of her watery blood is until the next period especially the need to prescribe Secale Cornutum for Menorrhagia.
Sepia – Excellent Homeopathic medicine for Menorrhagia with a sensation of the escape of the uterine contents:
Violent colic before menses, that is too early, and profuse. Fetid urine is having sediment like brunt clay. Menorrhagia with a painful sensation of emptiness is at the pit of the stomach. Sensation as if everything would escape through the vagina. Yellow spots on the face are especially across the nose.
Some more Homeopathy Medicines helpful for Menorrhagia are:
- Calcarea flour: Menorrhagia is with bearing-down pains. If it is associated with the displacement of the uterus, this remedy helps.
- Calcarea Phos.: Menses, it is too early. When anemia is present, cp is the best medicine.
- Ferrum Phos: Menses too frequent and too profuse, painful, blood bright red, and is with congestion.
- Kali Mur: Black, dark, clotted blood, catarrhal conditions.