Barometric Pressure Headache:
The headache that occurs during pressure changes in the weather, called Barometric headache. To put it in other words, headache due to a drop in barometric pressure can define as a Barometric headache. In fact, pressure changes in sinus cavities of our head are the contributing factor. Headache that occurs during an airplane takeoff is also a Barometric pressure headache. Homeopathy, on the other hand, studied and recorded the benefits of remedies in relation to headache and weather changes. For that reason, a number of Homeopathic remedy available in our repertory to cure the Barometric pressure headache permanently.
The Barometric pressure changes trigger migraine headache .However the symptoms little differ in both the cases.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Numbness in neck and face
- Noises and Numbness in ear, sometimes
- Difficulty in facing light
These symptoms indicate the Barometric pressure headache.
Homeopathic remedy for Barometric pressure headache:
Headache from changes of weather in particular: Ars., bry., calc-p., calc., carb-v., lach., mez., nux-m., ph-ac., phos., psor., ran-b., rhod., Rhus-t., sil., verb., vip.
- cloudy in general : Bry., calc., cham., chin., dulc., mang., merc., nux-m., Rhus-t., sep., sulph.
- cold : Acon., agar., am-c., ars., aur., bell., Bry., calc-s., calc., camph., caps., carb-v., caust., cocc., colch., con., Dulc., hell., Hep., hyos., ign., kali-c., kali-i., lyc., merc., mosch., nat-m., nux-m., Nux-v., ph-ac., phos., rhod., Rhus-t., sabad., sep., spig., stront., sulph., verat.
- especially, damp, cold : Am-c., ars., brom., Bry., Calc., carb-an., carb-v., cimic., colch., Dulc., Glon., lach., lyc., mang., Merc., mez., mosch., nat-c., Nux-m., Nux-v., phyt., Rhod., Rhus-t., Sil., spig., stront., Sulph., tub., verat., zing.
- chiefly dry, cold : Acon., asar., bry., caust., Hep., nux-v., sabad., spong.
- warm, begins with the : Glon., Nat-c., nat-s.
- — amel. : Calc.
- windy, stormy, from : Asar., aur., bry., cham., chin., lach., mur-ac., nux-m., nux-v., phos., puls., rhod., rhus-t., spig.
What are indications of the Medicines?
Let us watch the symptoms of topmost- first-grade Homeopathic remedy for Barometric pressure Headache:
Rhus Toxicodendron – Topmost Homeopathy medicine for headache during weather changes:
Headache during Storms, cold and wet weather especially indicates this remedy. A change of Pressure in weather is chiefly caused a headache in this case.
Bryonia Alb – Homeopathic remedy for Barometric headache starts especially on the left eye:
In this case, the headache relieves by pressing the head hard. In addition, the Bryonia is a very good remedy for the difficulty in facing light with the headache.
Dulcamara: Homeopathic medicine for Headache from Cold and wet weather:
Barometric pressure changes in cold wet weather cause headaches, in particular, indicates this Homeopathic remedy. In addition, Dulcamara is also a good remedy for sinus headaches. In this case, the headache relieves from sinus discharges.
Some other Homeopathic medicine:
- Hepar Sulphuricum: The persons with headache are sensitive to cold air, uncovering need this Homeopathic medicine for barometric pressure headache.
- Nux Vomica: Barometric and migraine headaches from a draft of cold air suggest this medicine.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Headache in particular during full moon calls this remedy for Barometric pressure headache.
- Glonine or Glonoinum: Headache is Increases and decreases with the sun, even without exposure suggests this homeopathic remedy. In addition, the barometric headache is pulsating and congestive in nature.
- Mercurius Solubulis: A Sinus headache during weather changes indicates chiefly the Merc sol in Homeopathy medicine for Barometric pressure headache.
- Rhododendron: Headache, neuralgia’s from wine, wind, cold, and wet weather benefit from this Homeopathic medicine.
- Silicea: In this case, cold, draft, uncovering of the head, fasting, mental exertion, and light causes headaches.
- Sulphur: This Homeopathic medicine is helpful for headaches during sun heat, winter, and cold weather. For that reason, Sulphur Homeopathic remedy is best suitable for Barometric pressure headache.
- Natrum Carbonicum: Headache is from the sun, heat, and mental exertion. In this case, Headache is also alternating with gastro-intestinal problems.
- Understanding Barometric Pressure Headaches.
- Kent Repertory of Homeopathic Materia Medica.
- Allen’s keynotes.