– Tarkas P. and Ajit Kulkarni.
ent or patent (cuts and burns as well as bad air, food and drink)
$ BRYONIA ALB [Bry]
Nerves; solar plexus ; vagus
Coats of N.
White fibrous tissue
Blood. Circulation. Veins
One side. R. side
Weather. Warm relaxing Spring
Summer heat. Damp hot
Becoming; exertion; room
Ironing. Fire. Light of sun Tropics, stay in
Cold; in spring, summer
Cold winds. Winter
AM / PM 3,4,4, 5,5, 6, 9 10am-10am
Every third day
Least; even opening eyes
Working. Deep breathing
Masticating. Coughing Sneezing.Exertion. Lifting Eye-strain
Rest (rarely). Lying(cough) During sleep
Touch and light pressure
Sudden hard pressure (Allen)
Suppressions; eruptions; discharges
Vexation. Mortification Anger. Fright. Mental exertion
Tabacco. Typhoid shots
Long after eating
Drinking; cold, while hot; hard water
Acids. Bread; old. Stale food
‘Cold’ fruits. Beer. Beans Vegetables
Warmth; of Sun (not its light)
to affected part; of bed
in cool air or room (opp. to
Asar., Fer-ph., Phyt.)
Daybreak. Evening. Night
After midnight (often)
Cool: weather (mild); room
open air (congestions, mind)
Cold applic.(head, teeth); food
Continued moderate pressure
Lying on painful part, side
Lying; with head low; drawing
legs up. Sitting
Any support. Dark, in sleep; but not siesta
Fibrous tissue pains
Walking in open air (toothache)
Rainpour. Sweat may (>)
Incipient. Dry. Catarrhal. Bilious. Hard. Heavy Steady. Composed. Tense. Rhoeo-rheumatic- pectoral
Resemblances between characters of Plant and Remedy
1. Grows in wet places depicting biological thirst.
2. The roots and stems are succulent (juicy).
3. Root is firmly anchored in the ground.
4.The fresh root contains the active material- an alkaloid-Bryonicin.
5.Contains two glycosides Bryonin and Bryonidin.
6. Hair on the leaves protect the plant from excessive perspiration.
7. The succulent long stems are not able to hold the plant erect.
8. Spiral tendrils of the plant are sensitive to touch.
9. Tendrils coil to make a hold secure.
10.The plants dries out its environment with great energy for survival.
1. Increased thirst to redeem off dryness.
2. Thirst for large quantity to maintain the moisture; sodden a characteristic.
3. The person seeks stability in life. Perseverant.
4. ‘Dryness’ observable through and through.
5. Craves sweets, ice-cream; (