Homeopathic Treatment for Clear and glowing skin – An article by Dr. Sunitha
Devi Vanemreddy M.D(Hom), firstname.lastname@example.org
Skin is the largest and major sensory organ in the human body. Everybody wishes to have a
clear and glowing skin. Skin contains sweat glands and sebaceous glands to protect from the ultraviolet rays and other conditions. Depending on the region we live skin color changes and texture of the skin also alters from one person to another. In fact, Skin condition varies based on the weather and health condition of the person. Clear and glowing skin affected by both internal and external factors. Homeopathic medicine for clear and glowing skin is really more effective in restoration of natural color.
The condition occurs in the skin are not life-threatening one but most of the people especially youngsters feel it is a life-altering condition. Sometimes skin loses its glowing effect and becomes dull and lifeless. It might be because of external factors like pollutions, chemicals and other toxins and internal factors like hormonal shift and other metabolic and systemic diseases which affect the skin.
Two years back a young guy came to my clinic with complaints of acne and dirty oily skin:
He also complaining of dandruff. He started telling me that he wanted clear and glowing skin as he is stepping back in his career. Besides, he is pursuing a degree in the hospitality field, as in that field external looks matter more than intelligence. He came to start treatment as his instructor forced him to get the treatment as he is not looking good and people don’t appreciate his external appearance.
In addition, He said he loves his profession but he is demotivated by the way people are treating him. Nowadays not the only woman is worried about the external looks even men wanted flawless skin. In adolescents the skin becomes dull and lifeless may be because of tremendous hormonal shifts.In truth, It causes acne, allergic dermatitis, contact dermatitis which makes the skin become dull and oily.
This leads to feeling inadequate and loss of self-confidence:
In mid age between thirties to fifties, skin loses its texture and become dull, dry and wrinkled. It makes the person feel lifeless and becoming old. Even though these are not life-threatening conditions but people more worries about the changes they are undergoing. People are more conscious and bothered about their skins rather than anything. For that, they choose to go for chemical abrasion and other external skin treatment using the chemicals. This, in turn, leads to contact dermatitis and allergic dermatitis. This problem is more with the sensitive skin.
Why we give more importance to skin and outer texture?
After all, we are living in the materialistic world where more importance given to outer texture than intelligence and confidence. We are all affected by first looks and good looks than knowing the person deeply, which makes the person bother more for unimportant one and they are in turn making the skin to suffer more by applying the chemicals and other cosmetics. Furthermore, Application of cosmetics and chemical products may give temporary relief but long-term haphazard use leads to skin infections like allergic dermatitis, contact dermatitis etc,
Conditions that cause skin dull and lifeless are:
- Dust and pollution
- Sun exposure
- Improper diet
- Improper cleansing
Skin conditions that cause marks and rashes on the skin are:
- Acne and pimples
- Allergic dermatitis
- Contact dermatitis
- Vitamin deficiency white patches
- Bacterial and fungal infections
Systemic conditions that cause skin dull and unhealthy are,
- The Hyperthyroidism
- Cushing syndrome
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Diabetes mellitus
- GI diseases like inflammatory bowel diseases
- Liver diseases like jaundice, hepatitis
Treatment for Clear and glowing skin :
Every woman dreams of the clear and flawless skin. Facial skin divided into dry or greasy. Sometimes the skin will alter its texture because of external and factors. Some people have oily dark shades of skin only on forehead and cheeks but dry around the mouth and nose. In fact, Skin moisture alters depending upon different factors. In reality, Most of the woman prefers to try home remedies rather than consult a doctor.
Some tips for clear and flawless skin are:
- Healthy diet and regime is the major part of everything. Digestive problems result in skin impurities.
- Consuming the diet with vitamins and micronutrients is the only option to get the clear and glowing skin. Besides, Natural protein foods like fish, grains and omega three fatty foods like fish, walnuts help in the healthy and glowing skin. Taking more vegetables and fruits gives flawless skin. Avoid processed and oily stuff. ·
- Drinking water will help to purify the skin. Water cleanses the body and eliminates toxins and waste. It hydrates the body and drains excess dirt and oil from the skin. In addition, it rids the skin from dryness and wrinkles. It also boosts the immune system. ·
- Even though the sun is the great source of vitamin D, it is only in the early morning and evening sun. Exposure to the sun from 10 am to 2 pm contains ultraviolet rays which makes the skin harsh and dry, may also lead to skin cancer. Furthermore, Try to avoid the sun during the harsh hours and wear cloth on the face, use SPF creams which helps in rejecting the UV rays to absorb into the skin.
Some more tips for glowing skin:
- Hydrating the skin from inside and outside is essential. Cleaning the skin with cold water helps in reducing the dryness of the skin. Skin produces oil naturally to provide the moisture for skin; cold water helps to retain it. The hot water may reduce the oil production and opens the pores which produce the bacterial infections. ·
- Excessive accumulation of wastes and toxins leads to dullness and causes acne or pimples. It is important to flush out these products with the help of the detoxification. In addition, Natural detoxification programme is to take more vegetables and fruits detox diet plan which stimulates the body to cleanse and purge itself. It also enhances the function of liver, kidneys, and colon. One of the natural ways of detoxification is taking warm water with lemon daily in the morning.
Some More tips :
- Leave the stress behind it is natural beautification of skin. Proper rest or sleep and maintaining the healthy lifestyle is helpful to get the glowing and flawless skin. Stress hormones lead to excess oil production which in turn lead to the ugly skin. Taking a warm bath, short sleep, ten-minute meditation gives relaxation for the body which rejuvenates the stress hormones. Further, Physical activity helps in maintaining the flawless skin along with the losing the weight and stay fit. Exercises or physical activity increases the blood flow and oxygen to the skin cells that neutralizes the harmful effects of free radicals and carries away products from cells. Besides, It helps in the flushing the cellular debris from the system. ·
- One of the most important vitamins for the healthy and flawless skin is vitamin C. Vitamin c helps in enhancing the complexion and avoids the skin aging. Regular intake of vitamin C improves collagen production, enhances the brightness of skin. In fact, It keeps away age spots and pigmentation and also has the ability to protect from damage caused by harsh UV rays of the sun.
Homeopathic treatment for the healthy and glowing skin:
Homeopathy is the holistic conceptual treatment in which we look person as a whole, but not in a separate entity. Point is that If we want the healthy and flawless skin, Homeopathy does not focus on oily skin. Homeopathy believes in personal well being and constitutional treatment. In fact, If a person is healthy in mental, emotional and physical levels, then skin automatically healthy and glows itself. Homeopathy especially enhances the natural detoxification process of the body and it will boost the mechanism by removing the obstacles from the immune system in cellular level. So that natural mechanism further helps in functioning properly and regains its effects.
Homeopathy helps in improving the health in the miasmatic level so that there will be no side effects from the treatment. Fact is that treating the person as a whole and using the internal medication with healthy diet and regimen helps the person to have healthy clean and glowing skin. This kind of effective treatment helps both for dry as well as oily skin. Moreover, the natural skin conditions are not being altered but help in improving the defense system and regulate the mechanism.
However, some of the important remedies which help to get healthy clear and glowing skin are given below.
Homeopathic remedies for healthy, glowing skin:
It is one of the homeopathic remedies which help in enhancing the skin complexion. Additionally, it brightens the skin; it improves the glow of the skin. This remedy can be used for any kind of skin types, both oily and dry. It balances the skin moisture and improves the fairness of the skin. Most
Sulphur – Homeopathic remedy for clear and glowing skin:
Psorinum is an antipsoric remedy which acts deeply at the cellular level. It is an appropriate remedy for greasy, dirty, dingy looking skin. In addition, It is helpful in the people whose sebaceous glands secrete too much making the skin dark and dirty. Suits to the persons who have the tendency to pimples and skin eruptions with high activity of oil and sweat glands.Moreover, It deeply cleanses the skin pores and helps in clearing the pimples and controls the excessive oiliness of the skin. It helps in the clear and glowing skin. The person needing this remedy are highly sensitive to cold air and offensive perspiration.
Bovista – Homeopathic medicine for clear and glowing skin:
Bovista is an excellent remedy to treat the side effects from excessive use of cosmetics and tar products. It antidotes tar. It helps in treating the skin conditions like pimples, eruptions, and skin rashes after excessive use of chemical cosmetics. In fact, it clears the skin and improves the facial complexion. Indicated in conditions like pruritis, worse by warmth; eczema, moist, with intolerable itching and acne all over the body.
Sepia is also a good Homeopathic medicine for clear and glowing skin in menopausal women:
Sepia is an excellent remedy for the skin complaints in menopausal women. During the menopause, women experience cholasma; a dark or black discoloration on the face with menstrual irregularities and hormonal imbalances. It is also indicated in dark discolorations on face post pregnancy. In addition, It works well in women with dark discoloration especially on nose and cheeks with uterine affections. It is only remedied to help in chloasma and it clears the skin and returning the healthy glowing charm of the skin without any side effects. Also indicated in herpetic eruptions around the lips, itching not relieved by scratching and sweat with intolerable odor.
Silicea is very good Homeopathic medicine for clear and glowing skin where pus and scars dominate :
It is indicated in deep-seated acne containing offensive pus resulting in disfiguring scars on the face. It also works for the deep pits caused by acne. Every injury suppurates. Moreover, it helps in clearing the skin, removing the scars caused by acne and discoloration. It promotes healthy and glowing skin.
Kali bromatum is an excellent Homeopathic medicine for clear and glowing skin where pimples are hard:
It is indicated in cases of hard indurated pimples resulting in the facial scarring and discoloration. It helps in bringing back the facial fairness and clearing the scar marks caused by pimples. In fact, Kali Brom is one of the good remedies for reducing the disfigurement.
It helps in the treatment of freckles. Freckles are the pigmentation of the skin due to prolonged exposure to sun caused by the accumulation of melanin pigment. Furthermore, The pigmentation may vary from brown to black in color. As has been noted, Natrum mur is indicated in the treatment of freckles in the person who is intolerant to sun exposure, craves salty things and reserved and shy natured person. Not easily opens up with chronic grief.
Lycopodium indicated in acne leaving the scars with discoloration. Skin is hard and indurated. Indicated in freckles worse on the left side of the face and nose. Eruptions with violent itching. As a matter of fact, It is indicated in persons who desire sweets, warm food, and drinks. Conditions also associated with gastric troubles.
Phosphorus indicated in skin conditions where wounds bleed much. Acne and other skin troubles heal and break down again. Indicated for freckles. Moreover, it helps in reducing the acne and scars because of it. It gives the clear and bright skin to the person who is sensitive to external impressions; crave for ice creams and cold drinks.
Rhus tox – Homeopathic remedy for clear and glowing skin:
It is post-operative scars. It acts on fibrous tissue and helps in reducing the scars. Moreover, It is indicated in red swollen, intense itching vesicles leaving behind the scars. In addition, it helps in clearing the skin and disfigurement. Complaints worse by the cold application; wet weather and relieved by warmth application.
It is an antipsoric remedy with a tendency to skin affections and constipation. Dark and tendency to obese. It is indicated in early stages of keloid and fibroma. In addition, Acne and pimples with sticky exudations. Every little injury suppurates. As has been noted, It helps in clearing the skin and brightening of the skin in early stages. Complaints worse by warmth.
It is indicated for young girls who attained puberty. Acne with intolerable pain. Sensitive mentally and physically. Girls who are immature and easily affected by anything. Weeps easily and mentally imbalanced. Wants consolation. It is indicated in girls who are in early stages of puberty with menstrual irregularities. In addition, Craves for sweets, rick food. Pulsatilla helps in clearing the acne and scars and helps in the healthy and glowing skin. These are some of the indicated remedies for clear and glowing skin. Most important constitutional treatment gives better and permanent results. After all clear and glowing skin is everyone’s wish.